West Shore

West Shore

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Signs


Are there signs of Spring here on this forbidding and forbidden-to-leave isle?

You be the judge . . .

There is still snow:



Iced-over (pretend) "lakes":


And need for control:


But there are signs of green:


Even if it is but evergreen . . . However, these are not the signs I wish to discuss or show or write about or post about or go on and on about.

No.

I want to look at signs like these:


Yes . . . let's take a closer look:


Wow! This is a typical sign on Soybean Island. It tells you nothing. It only warns you of, yes, DANGER !!!!!!!! . . .  I think it's rather implicitly explicit that the danger would be to post anything upon the blank space. It is only by blundering accident that some Rorschach-test-like shape has formed on the dangerous blank slate that is reminiscent of the mindset of Soybean Islanders.

DANGER. Do Not Write Here. Post No Images. Think No Thoughts. Work. Eat. Sleep. Fornicate in Silence. Defecate in Prescribed Defecation Areas Only. Obey Obey Obey. Yes, Obey All Blank Spaces.

Or some such . . .

Here is a sign we can all understand, unless you are an actual fish:


I do not know why this fish is out of the water, except that they do like to depict dead things here upon the island--even snails.

Yet . . . Yes, yet . . . Yet there are some signs that do not adhere to the authoritarian correctness:



I do not know what this says. I believe it to be ancient symbols from the ancient Hab language from the ancient Habs--or that is, the descendants of the ancient Habs, the original rulers of this island. What a strange and odd symbol . . . Hmmm . . . as if they were only saying: "Hi". Hmmm.

Now here are more troubling signs:



Trouble for The Apparatus, one hopes.

And I--one also hopes--hope that these are protest signs, or, signs of protest, and not just some graffiti-blather from deranged and misguided teens . . .

But wait! There's more!:


What do we have here?


Scribblings on a white wall of a secure building with secure barbed wire fencing securely in place?

Yes!

Perhaps these scribblings are also the ancient Hab language (known, I believe as Lie-Nie-Habese--I will have to study this factoid further). Yes, these markings are quite different and more seditious than the previous ones . . . Ah. If only revolution were indeed in the air. Spring is almost here. Summer is coming. Winter is not a good time for revolution, but spring summer are and the Fall. Fall. The perfect word for the success of a revolution is the fall of the old regime!

But, I'm losing my mind . . . Excuse my digression.

Here are my final signs. These I post for myself--and for you--to fully express my predicament upon this bastardly isle. These signs express for me what I want to expressly express to you, to all, to the world, to the great dust mite who is god out in the dusty universe:




HELP!


Goodbye from Soybean Island

No comments:

Post a Comment