West Shore

West Shore

Monday, April 13, 2015

Non-Mythical Creatures of Destruction


So, I was out and about walking as the wonders of a deep hard frozen grey-white winter abandon the land in favor of green and flowers and troublesome warm weather and what did I see?






Yes, I saw that and you can make of that what you wish to.

I also saw this:


Which appears to be an abandoned concrete corral where once the brilly brush was controlled and now, evidently, needs to be controlled again because everything here upon this isle apparently needs to be controlled.


But then, as I walked on with The Apparatus minding my own business, I saw this:



And I saw this, or saw these:



And what were they? Were they mythical monsters ripping the earth apart or were they machines ripping the earth apart and, really, when hasn't man or some extension of man, ripped the earth apart?


Yes. They were ripping the earth apart, these non-mythical mechanical creatures of destruction.

I wish I could say there was a good reason for it, though my guess is that the ultimate reason to rip the earth apart was to make money. To put paper bills into the hands or accounts of someone somewhere somehow. And perhaps not even paper bills but only an electronic number as proof that money has indeed been made and not even been made but electronic numbers that represent paper bills that represent a shiny metal (that comes from earth that has been ripped apart) that those electronic numbers that represent money have been shifted from one place to another which constitutes money-making in our day and age even here on Soybean Island . . .

Yes.

And then you end up with a view such as this:


Oily dirty boring money-making puddles.


Goodbye from Soybean Island

No comments:

Post a Comment