West Shore

West Shore

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Redundant Patterns on a Repeated Theme


I got out of Soybean Island City for the day and found myself on the edge of Academic Economic Zone Two, for some strange reason . . . But of course, all reasoning is strange here on Soybean Island. Or shall I say, we--they--are all strangers to reasoning? . . . What-have-you, I was there just south of the University of Soybean Island in the economic zone that is not to be confused with Academic Economic Zone One--aka Snailtown.

And what did I see?

I saw this:


And this:


Also, one could say, this:


What lovely images. They depict all that Soybean Island has to offer: Control, electronics, surveillance, fences, poles, little plastic flags on sticks, poles within fences, colorless landscapes!

Yes . . .

Yet, this is not the point of my post.

No.

This is:



And what is that, you may ask, if you even existed to ask such things, which you do not. And I wondered the same thing.

A mound for the dead? That is, a burial mound for the Ancient Eye-Nye-Habs that used to populate the island? Or an ancient trash heap where the Ancients tossed their oyster shells and animal hides and fast-food containers? . . . Hmmm. I do not know.

Here's a blurred view so that we can get a better look:


And another blurry:


Helpful?

I thought not.

And then there was also this:


Yow!

Look again:


And again:


Once more:


How strange and odd and differently perplexing in a flummoxed way . . .

It quite reminds me of a landmark on the Australian Continent: Uluru.

Yes, Uluru (or Ayers Rock, if you prefer, though most who prefer that name have surnames such as Ayers).

What a sudden departure to the eye this eyesore is, rising up out of the bland land like, well, like Uluru, though not quite as colorful or large or remotely as interesting. In the last photo you can spy a small cage in the foreground. That is a classic Soybean Island touch. But, what is this and why is this and how? When is this? (Never mind.)

It is a rather quixotic thing to see, what with its eroded sides and dark boring shaded soil. Of course the jutting poles and listening devices and watching devices upon those poles are a common sight to behold here, still I, personally, was quite astounded to see this. Well, sort of.

I'm glad I could share this with you. It is something I will try to forget, especially if I ever escape from this devil's island.


Goodbye from Soybean Island

No comments:

Post a Comment