West Shore

West Shore

Friday, March 21, 2014

Weather Report


The weather is still quite hostile here on Soybean Island:


But really, I'm just using it as an excuse to post another "message in a bottle" to the Free World.

The true punishing genius of The Apparatus--at least regarding my situation--is how they have given me just enough physical freedom on the island and too much mental freedom. I have no occupation, other than as the prescribed Object of Curiosity, which leaves me only room to dwell on my soul-crushing confinement to this totalitarian archipelago. (Of course, the use of the word archipelago is a misuse; there is only the single, largish blot of Soybean Island here. I could be wrong, but to the best of my knowledge, this is it.) But The Apparatus--who work out of this building:


In this city:


--are the true masters of the land. They have placed me in a purgatorial hell . . . I will create a post that explains how they became the master, but let it suffice to say that they were once but an office of the local government--an Economic Outreach Program to large corporations--that ran amok . . . Well, as said, that's for a latter post. And to divine the true history of The Apparatus, despite being dangerous, is also full of propagandic cul-de-sacs, rewrites, obscurities, obliquities and re-imaginings of events that makes a search nearly impossible. But, later . . .


                                                             Visit Soybean Island

Here is a Soybean Island Snail, as promised from an earlier post.

Also known as the Bean Snail. The Fighting Snail. The Transcendental Snail. I will try to find out the reasons behind these multiple names--but that may prove to be as daunting as finding out the true history of The Apparatus.

And anyway, the photo depicts only a molded-concrete rendering of the island snail--it is still too frigid here for the living snails to come out. But the human population, the Soybean Islanders, are quite proud of their snails. Perhaps the snails know more than the rest of us . . .

Here is a curious sign:


Nomen. No men. Hmm.

I have no idea. Noidea.

And another:


ARK RK.

One never knows on Soybean Island. But as mentioned before, English was long ago adopted as the official language here. I will elaborate on my thoughts as to why in some future post. Meanwhile here is a sign I understand--to some degree:


Why a dog needs a station, I do not know. Is this where a dog catches the local Transport Vehicle? Or is this where a local catches a traveling dog?

A mystery.

Well, that's enough of being An Object of Curiosity for the day. Hopefully I have spread the news of my situation and of the deplorable conditions here. Hope. Hope. Hope. Seemingly that is all I have. Here is one more obscure and obtuse photo to throw off the trail of The Apparatus:


There. Now they are looking elsewhere.

So, until next time, if there is a next time:

Goodbye from Soybean Island,

                                                        #1957

No comments:

Post a Comment