West Shore

West Shore

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Have A Happy Day


Is this a sunrise?


Or is it a sunset?


Is it a sign of hope and a new beginning?


Or a sign that time has run out and a great darkness is coming?


One never knows on Soybean Island . . .

For The Apparatus, they will see a sunrise. A positive to represent their fair and hermetic and authoritarian island. For me, I see dark days. I see how futile this blog, my photos, my messages are. Yet it is--for now and the foreseeable future--my only hope at communicating with the outside world. The Apparatus has control over all media here, it is even called, simply, State Media. Oh, sometimes it can appear to be a loose control--there is the facade of competition, of differing views--but even that is by design so that the people feel as though they are in charge. Feel as though they are actually free. But I know better, as do my fellow captives (of which none I know, other than the fact that they are here, suffering as I do, amongst the crowds). I know who is in control:



The Apparatus is in control. And I am but a flea, a voiceless voice attempting to broadcast their secrets to the (perchance) uncaring world. The Internet here is censored; sites and links are viewable or unviewable, allowed or disallowed. It is an effort just to put out this seemingly innocuous blog and a herculean effort to believe, to believe against great odds that someone of merit will see it. And on days like these:



I realize how ignorant I am in that belief, to envisage even one human from some free nation discovering it, viewing it, reading it, understanding it and then, after all of that, doing something about it. Yes. Quite hopeless, indeed. Like a man trying to communicate to a parking lot.


Or a concrete post.


Yet, like the sunrise, I will keep coming back. Will keep rowing against the current, against the totalitarian tide. I will fight this furtive and vain fight. Alone. The Apparatus may win, most likely will win. But I will not go down in utter silence and anonymity.

And so, as they like to say all throughout this land, be it Soybean Island City or Cornana or Ste. Abattoir de le Chevres Pre de la Mer or Stalag Ranville or those isolated Homesteads among the soybean, corn and rutabaga fields:

                                                            Visit Soybean Island

Yes.

Have A Happy Day . . .

Have A Happy Day as you walk out the doors into the sunrise or sunset or wherever you may be.


Because, until next time, if there is a next time:

Goodbye from Soybean Island,

                                                         #1957

No comments:

Post a Comment