West Shore

West Shore

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Geography

Yes. I promised a look at the island's rudimentary geography and I will get to it. But first I insist on saying how much I despise my situation here on Soybean Island, and beyond that, how much I abhor this long winter in which I find myself.





It is an endless winter of which I would write such profane invective about if my curse words weren't so common, so overused, and could actually properly convey my desperate despair and hatred of this place and its horrid season . . . Alas.

But, on to geography: Here, to the best of my current ability mixed with the best of my current daring, is a map of the island


And when I said rudimentary, I most certainly meant rudimentary.
This is the most basic outline I can conjure for now. There are no details--no roads or streets, no ports or industrial parks; no woods or even a scribble of the Rutabaga River (which is but a shallow creek of fresh water yet they call it a river).

But you can see where the cities are--Soybean Island City (where I reside/am held), Cornana--the capital--which is smaller, and Ste. Abattoir Pre de la Mer (also known more formally as Saint Abattoir de Chevres Pre de la Mer) . . . But you can also see Stalag Ranville to the north, which is called a "settlement" by those who will acknowledge its existence but is indeed some type of gulag run by The Apparatus. There is also a large university--The University of Soybean Island--home of the Fighting Snails (more on this at some other time).

As you might suspect from some of my photos, there are large amounts of arable land on the island. Soybeans. Corn. Rutabagas. All are grown around and between and inside the cities/ towns. I imagine there are subdivisions, perhaps resorts, along the coast--but if so, such communities are even more guarded by The Apparatus than Stalag Ranville.

The Apparatus operates out of Soybean Island City, from a building that is the only true architectural landmark on the whole island. It is ridiculously dangerous for me to photograph it, yet nonetheless I did:


Though this is all I feel comfortable with in revealing.

I will try to continue with this geographical motif in subsequent posts--will try to show you specifics of each community (even Stalag Ranville, if possible). But I must wait for the Spring ---- the Spring-That-Never-Comes. And I must be sly about it. Discreet. I sometimes can only take quick shots from a moving Transport Vehicle. But I will try. It is very important to get this information out into the Free World.

And in that vein, I will leave you with a secretive shot of a communication tower near The Apparatus' headquarters:


That is all for now. I have put myself in grave danger by revealing this much in one post. So, until next time, if there is a next time:

Goodbye from Soybean Island

No comments:

Post a Comment