West Shore

West Shore

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Some Recent Sightings


March. Thoughts of Spring. Despicable Spring. The end of cold, snow, ice: how sad. But, alas, what can one do? I am not Superman (to make an American reference), I cannot spin the earth backwards or travel to Arctic climes or to South America where winter is on the rise. (Perhaps I am in South America and I have my calendar wrong? I do not know if this may not be true or not, or yes.) I am not even the proverbial Clark Kent. My parents did not name me Clark or Kent, I can assure you. I am, for all practical purposes, now only Oneninefiveseven.

Sorry. Anyway. Here are some of my recent sightings while doing my job as An Object of Curiosity:




I do not know what the above is, exactly. But it had a rather UFO-ish quality to it. So, it makes for a good sighting. I spied it in a shop window--a shop, like all shops--where I am not allowed to enter, let alone shop. Not that I'd want to shop. Not that I have the means to shop. But, simply, I would not be allowed, am not allowed, to enter such shops.

Moving on . . .



This was taken at night. I am allowed out into the night--so far, at least. I am uncertain what this is as well--some attempt at squiggly-ness. A physical doodle set out among the common banal trash-heap that is Soybean Island City. Or, perhaps, a Yellow Ghost with His Hands Up? I do not know. And would not care, except that it is my job to find such careless things.

Mas:




Shadows and Light; Light and Shadows: a Chiaroscuro.

A chiaroscuro of what, is another question. It makes little difference, to me in my daily existence, and even less to you--Dear Non-reader--in yours. But, it can be seen, it can be photographed, it can be posted, it can be ignored. Therefore, it exists.

Meer:

Here are some very odd items I discovered in an old part of town--







I have no to little conception what these (I assume) artworks are doing on Soybean Island. To the locals, they must be fantastical creatures in mythical settings. There is no knowledge of animals beyond snails, toads, deer, fox, goats, cows, horses, dogs, cats, mice, hamsters, ants, bees, roaches and a smattering of common birds here on the island. Exoticism is a squirrel.

So, I find this very curious. Yet, not curious enough to say anything more.


Perissotero:

And finally, a plastic plant--





Thank you and Goodnight.


Goodbye from Soybean Island





No comments:

Post a Comment