West Shore

West Shore

Friday, March 11, 2016

An Abstract


Strange developments here upon this strange isle.

I have been contacted by the Anti-Snailians once again, that is, by the descendants of the Eye-Nye-Hab Ancients who used to live and die upon this island until they pretty much only died . . . Anyway:





What they told me is that I should be ready for action soon.

Now, by "soon" I do not know if that means within the hour or within my lifetime. For the Anti-Snailians, time is different than it is to the average Snailian (Soybean Islander), just as it is different to me--of the Prisoner Class.




I am also uncertain what they mean by "ready for action". Or, even by "ready", let alone what "action" they may propose.

Well, I can guess what action: Revolution!

But how and even more how they will attempt to accomplish this is beyond me. Will it be protest? Violence? Subterfuge? A strongly worded letter? Or, so far, their usual route which is obscure graffiti . . . If they are counting on the likes of me for success, well, good luck.





I do not feel a particular kinship with these people, though I do prefer them to The Apparatus. What it is they expect of me remains opaque at best. I do not quite trust their plans, if not their intentions.

Really, I remain in utter isolation--a creature devoting itself to existence and time-killed--surviving by feasting upon the fruits and alliances within the realm of my own mind. My only true companion is you, Dear Non-Reader. Only to you do I confess my lowly life and dreary thoughts and trivial experiences. I confess to you, Dear Non-Reader.

And you do not confess to me.






So it goes. Or does not go.

Yet, I will confess this: by associating with the Anti-Snailians and by having an intimate knowledge of The Apparatus and life upon this rotten isle, I may be able to work it to my advantage. Because that is all I seek, at this moment in my life: my advantage. Which, not even loosely, translates into: My escape!


#1957 over and out.

Goodbye from Soybean Island








No comments:

Post a Comment