West Shore

West Shore

Saturday, June 6, 2015

Today's Look at Control and Destruction


Just another day out and about and doing my job as An Object of Curiosity. And this is what I saw:




Though I have few reservations--or, perhaps, too many--I went ahead and entered, as I saw no one about and, as I know The Apparatus sees me anyway, anywhere, anytime anyway. And with that logic in mind, I entered and saw this:


Why, it was only another exercise in control and containment.


Certainly nothing new or exclusive to this place.


But perhaps this was a special containment/control display for the enjoyment of The Elites only . . . Oh well, I guess I should consider myself fortunate . . .


So, I left that spot and on I went, ignoring the side-eyed stares of the locals and the non-stares of those who drive on by and perhaps the knowing glances of my fellow renditioned prisoners.

And I saw this:


Destruction.


Which is another form of control, if not exactly containment. (Though the destruction is being contained by metal fencing!)


Perhaps this was a dwelling belonging to--or rather, used as housing for--one of the prisoner class, the disappeared and dispossessed (like myself) and he, her, they fell afoul of The Apparatus and this was the result: destruction!

I do not know.

All I know is that I had to keep moving, have to, must continue to circle and circle and go back, forth, back, jump around like a knight on a chessboard and circle vulturelike some more (but on the ground). It makes no sense, I know. I make no sense. I know that too . . . But I kept going until nightfall and then I photographed this:


And this:


Illuminated metallic statuary that depicts a cage-like metal net on twisted metal poles--WOW!--and secretive poorly lit tunnels leading to some mentally dangerous area within the limits of this mentally dangerous city.

Make of it what you will--or--of what you dare!


1957, no more to report,

Goodbye from Soybean Island

No comments:

Post a Comment