West Shore

West Shore

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Observations Upon The Sunny Soybean Sidewalks



I was walking around Park Leftover Park a few days back. It was sunny. It was Soybean Island. There were sidewalks:


I often keep my head down as I walk, avoiding the sidelong glances of those I entertain by providing sidelong glances through my position as An Object of Curiosity . . . So, on I went.

And I saw some goose scat:


 I did not have my sometimes companion which is a shopping cart laden with plastic bags stuffed with scabby clothing and other odd detritus. No. It was just my ragged self stepping along, looking at the rough-smooth concrete.

And I saw dried dead worms:




What lovely little shapes they form in the aftermath of the throes of death . . .

I have heard of a new park--that is, a park I have yet to visit--and will try to visit said park and report back upon it. Yes. I also want to account for more of the "sculpture" here upon the island. Busy busy busy me.

Look!

More goose poop:




Always amazing . . .

And here is another of those strange items I come across quite often. These circular stone-ish objects--flat non-obelisks with a hole in the middle, un-carved runes--I believe--of the ancient Eye-Nye-Habs, left from the days when they ruled this island world. Or perhaps they were a form of currency and the Ancient Eye-Nye-Habs were very big and strong and had giant pockets in which these heavy stone-like coins fell out of. Hmmm hmmm hmmm . . . Or maybe it is but an inedible concrete bagel of some sort:


Half a bagel, anyway.

I do not know.

Many mysteries exist here on Soybean Island, and Goodbye from Soybean Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment