West Shore

West Shore

Monday, March 2, 2015

Geese Only (Not Dreaded Robins)


During a break in the snowy-icy-sub-zero rampages of winter, I took a very cold walk along the non-lake of Park Leftover Park.

Why?

I have no idea . . .

Nonetheless, what I did see at first frightened me quite a bit:





What I feared most (besides the midnight knock from The Apparatus) was that the robins had returned from whatever evil place they depart to during the long Soybean Island winter.

But no--theese were but geese. Yes, many geese gathered together to be gandered at, yes, gander at the ganders in these gorgeous yet gruesome depictions. Please. But be relieved that they are not photos of robins--yes those sickly slick little pigeon-sized winged vermin with their steely blank eyes and quick reptile-like movement. Little spying machine birds who come in great numbers to flock in the still frosty-dewed grass and stare about, trot stop stare, stop trot stare, with beady camera eyes in their bulby mechanical heads whilst dining on slimy cold worms . . . Ugh!

Yes.

Only geese.

And the ice sheets of the non-lake of which Park Leftover Park is built around in a very boring manner:




Such icy non-beauty!

Ici? Quelle horreur, oui, je suis ici!

Makes one want to take a polar bear plunge and never surface!


How I despise this rotten place . . . May I live to escape it. I must live to escape it. I will live to escape it.

I think.

Hope.

Despair.



Oneninefiveseven over and out until next time if there is a next time:

Goodbye from Soybean Island

No comments:

Post a Comment