West Shore

West Shore

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

The University of Soybean Island


It is not an overly large school, yet it has its edifices, it's departments, its delineated campus. As far as I know, it really is a place of learning--but as for how high the higher education really is at the institution, well, that remains beyond my own precarious knowledge . . . But, yes, The University of Soybean Island--Home of the Fighting Snails, The Bean Snails, The Transcendental Snails (mainly Soccer teams, though I believe there is Basketball, Baseball and Women's Wrestling)--is an important part of the island.





As always, I must be very wary of what I show, of what is revealed. And sometimes even what I say. Nonetheless, let me continue . . .

The school--this University--is in cahoots with the Island Government, which finances all its endeavors, which means it is closely aligned with Cornana. And, of course, Cornana and the Island Government, does nothing without the approval of The Apparatus. So, in some respects, The University of Soybean Island could be called Ol' Apparatus U. But, let me digress . . .

As noted before, it does not have a History Department. It does have some Science and Engineering schools, even a few Liberal Arts (or so I am told) including Sculpture, Painting, Wood Carving and Knitting (but no Photography, Film or Writing, strangely enough; wryly enough). Even Languages--English, French, Korean, German, Chinese, Urdu and so on, but they do not teach the ancient Soybean Island Language (known as Sibo, though I cannot verify this).



But the institution's largest, main, most popular and most productive school is this:

                                                       Study In Soybean Island!


Yes. The School of Agriculture. What a surprise . . . Though I would not at all be surprised to find that somewhere within the walls of this erudite area are classes being taught in Rendition, International detainment, Prison Hospitality; Gulag 101, Konzentrationslager 102 and so on. Perhaps even Mind Control and Torture . . . Ah, but, allow me to digress again . . .

Here is some odd artwork, no doubt produced by graduates of this fine institution or perhaps even by faculty:




I do not know, for certain, if they are human or gastropod statues, that is, male form or snail form. Though the latter one looks quite like despondent "guests" of this island. Yes. I know the feeling; it is rendered in an appropriately depressing manner . . . Well done, my fine craftsman.

Here I offer a slapdash of other campus images:






Look closely--An Educated Rodent!:



I'm sure you are quite tired of hearing my desperate complaints. Even I tire of it. So, here are more images:







The last photo: What Beauty!

The University has its own town, called Snailtown. I was not able to get any images of it at this time. I was pushing my luck getting what I could. I do not fit in on the campus--I am old, I am not of this land, I am An Object of Curiosity.

I know nothing of the Faculty, of the Alumni, of the Student Body. There appear to be many Asians as well as Northern European types that make up the bulk of the students. There are others--I can tell--but they are the minority. I do believe that many of them are the sons and daughters of The Disappeared, of The Unwanted, of The Detained. Or they are prisoners of their own account. Perhaps they know this, perhaps they don't. Perhaps they don't know that they will never leave this desolate island . . . Well. I shall digress yet again:





The last perhaps a stairway down to the School of Inquisition? The School of Incarceration and Exile? . . . Anything is possible on Soybean Island.

This is more than enough, I suppose. I must get back to doing what I do which is very little. Which is plotting and planning my escape--though that is very little as well, except to dream and fantasize about it. So it is.

I will try to capture Snailtown in the future. I have heard there is a TV (Transport Vehicle) which now goes out to some woods, in the northwest area, from Soybean Island City. I shall try to go there, as well.

However, until next time, if there is a next time:

Goodbye from Soybean Island,

                                                         #1957

No comments:

Post a Comment