West Shore

West Shore

Saturday, July 2, 2016

Spring Neglected


I have been remiss.

I have not posted my usual Obligatory Seasonal Report; that is, I forgot about Spring.

What with my dark and sad report about The War on trees, my incarceration by The Apparatus and the general diaspora of island life here, I never got around to such a post.

Until now, it seems. And as they say (and by they I mean not me, except of course, for this following exception), better late than never.

So, here are the belated photos I took to document Spring's arrival to Soybean Island:











Wow. Pretty, in a miserable way . . . Yes. What with the sunshine and warm temperatures and extended daylight, it is all quite depressing.

Nonetheless, I offer more:










Do not let the bright colors and blossomy-daffodilish landscape fool you. Do not let it obscure the constant and continual beating-down of one's efforts to not give in to the false "happiness" of this place. Conformity is a must for even a nominal existence on this island and I see it everyday--those who have given up and given in and have given themselves over to the drone behavior that is expected--that is exacted--upon the peoples of this island.

Flowers are but a facade.

Blossoms bull....

Anyway:











Last winter was a huge disappointment. There were few days that were below zero, few nights that were dark and cold and delightfully disheartening. So little snow, only a paltry covering of ice. Ah, I don't even want to think of it.

Now that I am a double agent, I have doubled-down on my plans to escape this island. I don't know how (I mean, if I knew how I would already be gone and you would not be reading this; I would not bother to write this) but I will see what magical manipulations I can conjure out of the agricultural and chemically laden dust to produce the outcome I most cherish.

Yes.

I will.


Oneninefiveseven, over and out and . . .

Goodbye from Soybean Island











No comments:

Post a Comment