West Shore

West Shore

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

A Frosty Cold One


Ah and Ah-ha. It appears my meteorological complaints have been answered:





Yes. Winter--real winter--finally showed up upon the island:








Frosty and almost-zero-fahrenheit cold:




Definitely below freezing, if not quite my desired subzero.

Which is so pleasant. So apt. So me, I suppose.

And there was snow:









Ladders of snow . . .

And ice:






Visit Soybean Island



Indeed, indeedy, indeedly . . .

How lovely to have this place frozen and sterile and blank. A measure of its inherent banality put forth upon the landscape, in the very air of this airless society, this mishmash of quiet oppression, dumbfounded acceptance and subtle horror.

Ah. Winter. Real.

More?

Yes:










The obtuse light:









The need for secrecy and inconspicuous photography:




Just a little further . . .





And then I am done:




My frostbitten days, how I will miss them when the flowers sprout and the birds flock and the people come out to watch my every move.


Oneninefiveseven, over and out and . . .


Goodbye from Soybean Island







No comments:

Post a Comment