West Shore

West Shore

Saturday, September 5, 2015

A Short Walk in Snailtown


Yes, with nothing much to do I went to Snailtown. And with nothing much in Snailtown I took a short walk. One could take a long walk but then one would, most likely, not be in Snailtown any more.


The above is a snail without its shell. Or a slug. Or a hock of phlegm from some unfortunate student . . . No, it must be a Soybean Island Snail (Fighting Snail, Transcendental Snail) who has had its shell lost or stolen.


For those of you who forget--and who among us does not forget or attempt to forget or hopes to forget--Snailtown is actually AEZ I, that is, Academic Economic Zone Number One. It is affectionally called Snailtown, or derisively called Snailtown, depending on who is doing the calling. To most it is just acceptingly called Snailtown, because that's what it is called and they know better than to think for themselves or to ask questions.

Anyway, as I said, it was a short walk, behind the main streets of activity, and here is what I saw:


A tree with a face. And a hat.


Some fenced-in flowers. Dangerous flowers, I guess.


A blank sign with a stick. There is, however and if you look closely, some mysterious graffiti scratched into the sign. Hmmm and more hmmm.

And one more hmmm . . .



Good drainage!


Snailtown is not my cup of tea. It is overrun with young humans, young human prisoners who do not realize that they are prisoners and that their education is a re-education. They will never leave their studies, unless it is in a box. Or a bag. Nonetheless it is my duty as a secret reporter to reveal parts of Snailtown, just as I must reveal parts of SIC and Cornana and The Homesteads and Ste. Abattoir des Chevres Pre de la Mer, as well as Academic Economic Zone Number Two and--lest we forget, how we would love to forget--Stalag Ranville!

More:


Ah. A rusted post and rusted fence.


Criminal-minded grass sod being kept at bay by more rusty fencing.


Now here is a recent phenomenon:


The main street of Snailtown has new growth. What amounts to high-rises for a place like Soybean Island. They have gone up quickly. A very strange thing. I'm guessing there is a large and new influx of young renditioned prisoners. Most of them--by the looks of things--are from Asian countries. So, there is a sudden need to house them during their perpetual re-education.


This building has a certain jailhouse-patterned chic to it. No?

I had to be careful photographing them--very dangerous--so I did it from the back alley . . . This sudden boom of young captives represents a boon for the coffers of the island. Well, not the island per se, but for the Elite of The Elites, for the operatives of The Apparatus. This influx of youth means money money money! Much more money than they make on an old salt like myself.



I will have to come back and do an expose' of all this new housing here at The University of Soybean Island. I will. And I shall.

Someday.

After I visit another new-to-me park and after I continue with my expose' on public art.

So many expose's and so much time . . .

Yes.

And yes, I must sign off.

Goodbye from Soybean Island

No comments:

Post a Comment